Kourambiethes are essentially a shortbread cookie, cloved and powdered with sugar. They are awesome!
- 1/2 lb UNSALTED Butter
- 1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- Whole Cloves
- Pre-Heat Oven to 250°F to 275°F.
- Soften the butter and beat until white.
- Add the Superfine Sugar and the egg yolk and beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the flour until the dough JUST comes together.
- Knead the dough VERY lightly, then let it rest for 10min.
- Divide the dough and roll into ‘Ropes’.
- Cut the ‘Ropes’ into 1-1/2″ to 2″ pieces and arrange on a cookie sheet as crescents.
- Place 1 whole clove in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 20-25min or until the cookies are just golden.
- Cool, then cover them with the Confectioners Sugar.
I hope you enjoy these!!!