The best meat in the World! As far as I’m concerned, anyway. The secret to fantastic Lamb is in the trimming. You MUST trim ALL the fat you can find!
Beef fat = flavor, so does Lamb fat. The difference is Beef fat tastes: GOOD, Lamb fat: not so much! Trim, Trim, Trim some more.
- 3-4 lb Leg of Lamb
- Several cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary (Dried works)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375°F.
- Trim ALL fat from the Leg and place in roasting pan.
- Cut a few deep gashes about 2″ long and down to the bone on opposite sides of the Leg. Tuck Garlic cloves and some Rosemary in the gashes.
- Rub Leg with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle with Rosemary and rub gently.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan so that the pan bottom is covered about 1/2″ or so. This will keep the fat from smoking while you are roasting.
- Roast the Leg for 15 Min. @ 375°F
- Reduce heat to 325°F. and roast for 45min. Checking the water level in the pan periodically.
Hope you enjoy this one, It is one of my favorites.